Oval Platter from the White Memories collection by Sayoung Shim, a ceramic artist, is an artisan ware designed by adding soil with every brushstroke, again and again. This work of art has its own individuality and style infused by the artist’s endeavor to contain traces of time using soil—a product of nature—through human touch.
The sophisticated, thinly layered texture is created by repeatedly painting the clay slip approximately 50–70 times on the mold. The soil is pushed aside and added on top over and over, giving rise to a unique matière that encompasses the distinct characters of the artist, nature, and time. Every piece boasts an unrivaled charm with clear and durable layers of soil, certainly making the collection worth possessing. The dinnerware is made from white porcelain, boasting a luxurious, light ivory color. Try your own delightful plating with Oval Platter and let your everyday experience be filled with joy from the convenience and chic beauty of a delicate texture. This platter will make a fine centerpiece for your dinner table. Your plate will then become a sensible presentation likely to appear in an elegant restaurant.
- Handmade in South Korea
- Delivery within approx. 3-4 weeks
Objects that manifest humans’ repeated touch, hard work, and time carry a heartwarming feeling. In this ever-changing world, such objects serve as a medium that connects people and nature. I aim to deliver the value and beauty of handicrafts by keeping the features of the natural material intact and by creating dishware embodying the trail of handwork, thus interconnecting the producer, material, and product.
Instructions for Care
- The dishware is microwave and dishwasher safe, but it is not to be used in an oven or exposed to direct heat.
- Unglazed porcelain surfaces are more susceptible to stains than glazed surfaces.
- We suggest washing the dishware soon after use and drying it thoroughly to prevent discoloring and spots.
- Using abrasive sponges or sharp cutlery may result in scratches.
- This dishware requires more gentle care than production pottery. Avoiding sudden impacts, extreme temperature changes, and stubborn stains will help increase the longevity of the pieces.
The dishware is handmade, one by one, and may show differences in form and color. It also may have speckles and tiny cracks.